Thursday, March 5, 2009

Running Again

Dallin had his first track meet of the season yesterday. It was an away meet with one other school. He ran two events: 1600 meter (1 mile) with a time of 5:02 and the 800 (1/2 mile) with a time of 2:13, placing 4th. He looked great in both events and was very happy with his performance. Since this is the first time EVER that he has run track it was a great meet for him. We look forward to improvements throughout the short season. There is a huge meet with 20 schools on Saturday. Should be cool to watch the amazing athletes. Dallin getting pumped up with another teammate.
Standing and waiting for the start.On your mark......

Get set.......GO!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Sheila, thanks so much for taking videos of your kids. I love to watch my nieces and nephews succeed and excel in music and athletics. I must be hormonal because I have tears today. I just miss you guys so much. But anyways, Dallin, I am way impressed with your running speed. A 5 minute mile is super fast in my book, and 4th place, NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I cant believe how fast he is. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallin, way to go around that track. I do not know how you can run that fast and that long. Amazing run!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive Dallin. It's so cool get out there and try something new. And of course, you deal with the pressure, the anticipation of the starting pistol, and the stress of you body telling you that you're crazy the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how the ones who place in these meets are the ones that make it look like they're not even running hard--they make it look easy?

    I always hated that as I was puking my way over the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila, don't you wish our parents could have made little digital photo clips to post when were were young? How cool to be able tos ee Dallin running.

    ReplyDelete