Sunday, March 29, 2009

PX2000

Aren't they beautiful? These are the latest and greatest PX2000 bread pans. They are the best bread pans that money can buy--great quality and should be around for the rest of my life. My children will be fighting over these when I am gone because they'll be connected with wonderful memories of eating warm wheat bread slathered with melted butter fresh out of the oven. Given our new economic status, I have been making (experimenting with) various wheat bread recipes in hopes of keeping my boys' stomachs full. Wheat bread is filling and cheap and yummy.

Some may be wondering what the heck a PX2000 bread pan is. The PX2000 is an old family joke that involves my Father. He has always been one to appreciate quality and the best. When he is purchasing a new tool or item for the home he tries to use his money wisely to buy the highest quality item--one that will be around for the long haul. At one time I know that he purchased something that was labeled the PX2000 model. I don't remember what it was--I just know that we (all the children, especially the boys) mocked and laughed at Dad because he was making such a big deal about having just purchased the PX2000 model. From then on whenever the best of something was purchased, we referred to it as the PX2000. It is rather exciting when you know you have the PX2000. A real thrill to know that you have the best!

I often reflect whether I am a PX2000 person. Am I doing my best? Am I a high quality individual who exemplifies excellence in all that I do? Am I a product worthy of the PX2000 label? Of course there are improvements to be made and because of that I will continue to strive for the PX2000 rating. I understand that excellence is a lifelong process that requires constant reflection, effort, and commitment. I keep trying to better myself. What a thrill it would be to have my Dad excitedly exclaim that he has a PX2000 daughter and to ultimately have my Heavenly Father validate that rating as well.

This Lion House wheat bread recipe was not a hit. It looks good but we weren't happy with the texture and flavor. I'm posting a recipe from a friend--this one is definitely the PX2000 wheat bread recipe!

Combine:

3 C warm water and 1 TBSP yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Add:

1 tsp sugar, 1 TBSP salt, 1/3 C oil, 1/2 C honey, 1/2 C flax seed(ground), 6-7 C whole wheat flour, 1-2 C white flour. Knead according to bread machine instructions. Divide into three greased medium loaf pans. Let rise 1 1/2 hours. Cook 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool.

6 comments:

  1. Sheila--you are most definately a PX2000 in whatever you do! The bread looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe--I am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, what next can you excell in? I sometimes wonder where you came from. We are proud of you and your ability to continue to de-
    velop and make a difference.
    Your brother Craig has also given the PX200 his own definition and it works great for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at those pans. I am green with envy. I would love to have those someday. Funny thing though, I've only made this amish bread stuff. I've never had to knead, wait for rising, or anything like that. I should try this stuff out. Thanks for the inspiration. And you are the best px2000 sister ever! You're perfect at everything. Love the blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone--I wasn't looking for compliments. I guess I was doing some self-reflection but it looks like I'm fishing for validation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it is nice to know that other people think we are doing good. You are an amazing person. Loved the new bread pans. What kind are they. I need to find ways to cut the budget too, and that is a great way.

    ReplyDelete