Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

It's official. We had our first snow day of the year in Georgia today. I was shocked to be watching the news this morning and hear that Gwinnett County schools were closed. Just thought I'd share some pictures from my yard of what a snow day looks like in Georgia. Pretty serious stuff, don't ya think?
This is right by the side of the house in the shade. Look at all that SNOW!
A little bit of snow in my flower pot. Wow! It's just incredible.
A view from the front porch looking out onto the street. Look at all that white stuff piled up. The backyard view. It's going to take days before it all melts.

6 comments:

  1. That is just ridiculous!! So now all the mom's and dad's who work, have to find sitters and day care... really?? I guess they saved some money for school buses gasoline or whatever,,, how funny. Do you have to make it up at the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. Maybe in one place that had real snow. Gee, the kiddies could not even make a snawman. What's the use of staying home??? Now New York knows how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny that school was canceled. You have a beautiful yard - especially all covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a complete disaster. I'm so glad you were able to come out of this alive. Did anyone have to anyone else to survive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant, did anyone have to eat anyone else to survive. Way to kill the joke with poor delivery--amatuer!

    (Keith)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgia needs to come to New York to see what a real snow day looks like. I bet the kids loved having a day off, my kids pray for snow days. I actually enjoy having an unexpected day to hang out with the boys, unless it was like in Janurary and they had just gone back to school from Christmas break and then you just don't want to see them.

    ReplyDelete