Monday, March 23, 2009

Luck O' the Irish

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day takes on new meaning when you are actually Irish. I've been celebrating the green day for years and I'm not even Irish. But, my husband and children are Irish. Stephen is pretty much full on Irish from both sides of his family. There's an American Indian thrown in there somewhere but his basic roots come from Ireland so that makes my children green too. What better way to celebrate their Irish heritage than by having our traditional green dinner? A tasty meal was prepared this year using green, spinach fettuccine in a yummy creamy chicken casserole. Green beans, green jello and fruit were on the side. Dessert was a pistachio pudding pie (check out that alliteration!). I have to say it wasn't that great of a dessert and we definitely won't be having that again. We discussed dessert options for next year after our disappointing pistachio pudding choice. Key lime pie? Lime sherbet? Any other green dessert options we should consider?

6 comments:

  1. too cute are you!! i see green m&m's and green tic tacs, cute center table arrangement, and the green fruit in a cup.. can't beat that! Cute sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green plates. Are those new???? Fun table and great food. Your kids really ARE Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theme meals are the best. We had lime sherbet in sprite, a shamrock float, it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm. lime sherbet floats. I think we'll be doing that next year. Great idea! And about the plates....I bought those like twenty years ago for a family green dinner with the Carrolls. I justifies the expense by saying it was cheaper that buying green paper plates every year for our green dinner. See how smart I am? I really have saved money over the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute. How fun. I am excited to do themed dinners. I think carter will be able to appreciate it next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the the green dinner. I forgot to take pictures of ours, duh. My kids were very sad because the leprechaun didn't turn our milk green in the morning.(It was a brand new gallon and I didn't want green milk for the week) Next year he will be back.

    ReplyDelete