Thursday, March 20, 2014

Called to Serve

A pretty weak picture of a third of the Atlanta area missionaries that I took because I had frosting all over my fingers!  I helped feed about 130 missionaries that were attending their Zone Conference last week.  I was cutting and serving pieces of cake in the kitchen right before the luncheon started and I heard an amazing chorus of missionaries singing "Called to Serve" from the cultural hall.  I zipped in for the second verse to witness this scene of sisters and elders and mission leadership singing to the kitchen help.  Wow!  Can I just say that it was powerful.  There was so much energy and enthusiasm in that room.  The spirit was strong and they sang their anthem!  I love missionaries!  They are amazing to me and I have so much respect for them.  As we served each missionary I saw my two boys.  I wondered what they would be doing at a conference like this.  The Elders were funny and well let's just say....they are still boys doing sill boy things!  They just made me chuckle.  What an honor it was to serve these great missionaries and to be apart of the missionary spirit for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment