Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fifty


March 14, 2014 this guy turned 50 years old.  Stephen Carroll is 50.  That just sounds so weird to even say because I know that's just around the corner for me!  How can that possibly be?  Life is accelerating at a rapid pace.  My hair stylist said, "Getting old is like a roll of toilet paper.  The closer you get to the end of the roll, the faster it goes."  He's right!  

Stephen loves golf and is always asking me to go with him and just hang out and drive the cart.  Hate to say it but that just doesn't appeal to me or even sound fun.  For Stephen's birthday I told him I would go golfing with him and drive the cart.  He was shocked and amazed and we had a great time.  He played, I watched.  And I didn't talk.....you can't talk when someone is playing golf because you might make them mess up!  It was a windy and chilly day.  My hair was so wild and cookoo when we were done and I was so cold.  I wish I had brought a warmer jacket.  Stephen loved every minute of it and I think he enjoyed my company.



 My view from inside the cart


Happy Birthday old man!  You're a good looking 50 year old!

We finished the day with a yummy dinner with Easton at Longhorn where Stephen ordered his all-time favorite, the Flo's Filet!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment