Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Classic Dessert

Sunday dessert was another family classic recipe, Amazing Coconut Pie. I remember making this a lot as a youth. We would get home from church and mother would tell me to hurry and make the coconut pie. It was easy because you put all the ingredients in a blender for 3 minutes, poured it in a pie tin and cooked it. That's it! It was yummy when it was still warm. Sometimes mom would put raspberries or other fruits on top or drizzle a yummy sauce over it. It's like a warm custard pie with coconut on top. The boys (including the old boy, Stephen) liked it and want it again. Here's the recipe:

2 C milk
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C Bisquik
4 eggs
1/2 C butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend ingredients in blender on low for 3 minutes. Pour into greased 9 inch pie pan. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle with 1 C. coconut. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve warm or cool.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for another recipe. I love EASY treats. Especially, if they came from the home of Aunt Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had this Homer classic recipe before thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it. I never make pie because of the crust, this pie sounds like it is up my ally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, I must not have been born,,, never ever had this or heard of it.. that's lame. So there's no crust?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I totally forgot about this pie. Like you said, it is easy and certainly foolproof. AND I could ask you to make it. It was good with raspberry sauce... Janelle, I am sorry you did not have the opportunity to learn the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had another thought ---I want your Pumpkin Plate. Maybe I can find some on sale after the Holiday. That is just what I need, some more plates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks yummy, I will have to try it. You guys have been having lots of fun. I love your park hopping

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this recipe either. It sounds so good that we will have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete