Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crazy flowers!

I posted this picture in the spring of a new flower bed that I had been working on for my Mother's Day present. Notice all the new little plantings and my adorable birdbath? I don't know what happened, but my flowers went crazy! These flowers are just out of control. I have never seen Impatience look so large and tall. I have created an Impatience hedge! I can hardly even see the birdbath anymore and the perennials have been covered. That's what happens when you use the "good" dirt at Home Depot.



3 comments:

  1. Don't we just love the humidity. I have to say my gardens have never looked better than while living in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insane! I've only seen plants like that in Hawaii. Way to go you for your flower growing abilities. I love impatients, I think they're my favorite flower. I used to love them under the oaks... of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Impatiens always sort of kick it in gear when the summer heat breaks and we get a more moderate temperature without the cold nights of autumn yet. I think the early September garden is the best for me. I am going to post pictures of mine now.

    ReplyDelete