Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mountain Biking

A beautiful, cool fall Saturday inspired me to gather the boys and head off to the Suwanee bike trails. We packed up the bikes and our water and drove to the trails. It was the first time we had used the bike rack and it was quite slick. The trails were so fun. Easton's little legs usually get tired when we ride in the neighborhood, but not this time. He was so inpsired to keep up with Landon. We headed off the paved trail onto some dirt trails in the woods that connected to George Pierce Park. Aside from some bumpy parts, we did okay. When we were done Easton kept saying, "I can't believe I went Mountain Biking!" A great family outing.Stephen works on getting the adult bikes off the rack. He bought a special bike for himself(the old fashioned kind) that allows him to sit up straight.Easton is ready to hit the trails. I love him in his cute little helmet.We had to take 2 cars to get all the bikes there. The bike rack only fits on the car and it only holds two bikes. Oh well. Maybe we should invest in a rack that will fit on the Expedition.
Look at my handsome guys! We took a nice water break about half way and enjoyed the scenery.






3 comments:

  1. Fun family outting. Craig has been researching bike racks that can hook into the reciever of the vehicle. He is going to buy the Thule model 915. It holds up to 5 bikes and you can bend it to open the back window. That is his spring purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those a lot Gretch and they seem to work great. Bren knows a lot of bike sites that will be cheaper than retail.

    Great activity Sheila... glad you got a picture of you.. I look through after activities and sometimes there are none... I need to remember to document me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and a great activity. Those trails look fun. It makes me want to go biking again. I guess it is a good thing Keith has a trailor I don't think they make a bike rack for 8 bikes.

    ReplyDelete