Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Man Is Missing


I miss him. I mean I really miss him. My husband is now working in Birmingham during the week and then he comes home on the weekends. I'm really not used to him being gone and frankly, I'm tired of it. I don't know how women do this when their husbands travel all the time. This is the third week that he's been doing this. I like being able to talk at night with Stephen when the kids are all in bed. I like making dinner and then having our family eat together when Stephen gets home from work. I like that Stephen tucks in Easton and gives him hugs and kisses. I like that he hugs me when he gets home from work and tells me how much he loves me. I like how he keeps the boys "in line". I like watching him eat his favorite vanilla icecream cone at night. I like watching Dancing with the Stars together. I like his silly jokes. I like having cereal parties with him at night. I like using his tummy to rest my head on when I watch tv. I like that he makes the bed in the morning. I miss him. I really miss him.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Stephen is missed. What a nice tribute to your amazing husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks is a long time,, how long was Stephen commuting to vegas? And you had two little babies to take care of...

    Wonder how long this will keep up..? Gotta love the economy and that dropping dow jones... yikes. Good luck, I'll pray that someone will want your home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your house sells soon and you can all be in Alabama together. I am sure it is not the easiest time to sell a house. But I hear your house shows like a parade of home house so it should sell quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't imagine not seeing Mike during the week. At least you are able to talk to him on the phone. Isn't it amazing what we appreciate when we are missing it for a little bit. I hope you are able to sell your house soon so you can be together again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our trials come in all forms. You are strong!

    ReplyDelete