Friday, October 3, 2008

Slippers in the morning

It was a slipper morning. We awoke to a chilly house this fall morning. Easton grabbed his slippers and fuzzy (his fleece jacket). We've been calling them fuzzies every since Ashton was very little. Cool mornings are so refreshing to wake up to but they make you want to cuddle instead of getting up. I guess Easton was feeling the need for some warm comfort food so he requested toast along with his Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
EASTON: I want toast, warm buttery toast. mmm... Buttery...
Two pieces of burned toast later...
EASTON: Why do you keep burning it?
MOM: I don't know.
EASTON: Here, turn it down. (Easton jumps up and turns down toaster)
MOM: Grandma would eat it burned.
EASTON: Why?!!
MOM: She would just scrape it off.
EASTON: Weird.
MOM: Grandpa wouldn't eat burned toast.
Third piece of toast pops up.
EASTON: Is it burned?
MOM: No, um....it's just beautifully crispy....(it is a rather dark brown)
EASTON: Ahh! I hate CRISPY.



8 comments:

  1. Winter is coming. My boys actually wore pants today, which is a first since school started. All the girls at the bus stop even made comments. Another question is wondering how to put that big box with your family name on top of your blog, and where did you get your cute border for the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! I can so hear him saying that last line. Love the toast conversation.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let Easton know that Uncle Bill likes his toast burned. I went to breakfast with Bill and Carol many years ago, and Bill "laid down the law" with the waitress about his toast. "If it is not BURNED, I will sent it back". The poor waitress was shaking in her shoes. It came out burned. He was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Easton ... I hate Crispy toast too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duh, Sheila, I make great toast--my kids even say so. And I always tell them that back in the day you and I were famous for our toast. When we had to make our own breakfasts at age 7 and 8, we were cranking out the perfect toast with the imperial margarine in the cavities and honey soaking in--all spread without crushing the delicate capillaries of crispiness on the surface. What happened, Sheila?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so hard for me to imagine that it is cold in other places. I guess it is October and that means "fall" everywhere else. It is still sunny and in the 90's here. Anyway love the slippers and I like my toast more on the burn side than not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading your blog posts. Your family is priceless. Easton is a great kid.
    I am so sad to see your family leave. I have learned so much from you as our Young Women's president and I am really going to miss you being our fearless leader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the toast conversation, I can just hear you two saying it. Keith does make good toast if you like a lot of butter and honey or jelly...too much for my taste.

    ReplyDelete