Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A birthday celebration for me

Happy Birthday to me, last Monday, September 1. It seems kind of funny to post about yourself, but if I don't who will? Hope you enjoy my day in pictures.

My cute boys set their alarms, waking up at 7:30 on a school holiday to make me a fabulous french toast breakfast. The presentation was fabulous and it was a great way to start my day. Yum!

Stephen treated me to my own private cup of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie icecream. That is the best stuff, my favorite flavor.
Gene and Sandra, Stephen's parents came over and delivered one of Sandra's famous cakes. It's a tradition that she makes cakes for everyone on their birthdays. She always calls ahead and asks which of her cakes you want. I picked her Apple cake with Cream cheese icing, it's my favorite. I also like her lemon cake.
And the food continues! I've decided that birthdays are just really an excuse to eat yourself into oblivion. Stephen grilled steak and shrimp for dinner. It was fabulous along with a great spinach salad and rolls. After my day of eating I was definitely full.
A look at my awesome cook. He always makes a great steak. Thanks Stephen!
Notice the special candles? Well, of course we didn't have 43 candles in the candle drawer so we used the 4 for the tens and 3 candles for the ones. Very creative, don't you think?

Mmmmmmm...gotta love that homemade cream cheese frosting


My present.....new Asics Gel Kayanos! My favorite running shoe. Even though I don't run anymore I just love how they make my feet feel. They're great at the gym on the treadmill, eliptical, or stairmaster. I have happy feet, thanks!

7 comments:

  1. You look so cute in your pictures..... first picture,, is that the Hawaii shirt from 1995?? Really?? Good job boys on making your mommy a breakfast.. I expect you to do this for your wives someday on their special days be it anniversary, valentine's, mother's day,, you name it,,, they will LOVE it! Now, the meal,,, how'd the shrimp turn out? Everything looked delish...I so wish I could have had a piece of Mama carroll's cake.. and the shoes,, I've never tried Asics on before. I'm in desperate need for a new gym shoe... still have the nike shocks from 2002. Glad you had a spectacular day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your gift is coming. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! You are such a hottie at 43!!(I hope you remember that joke--our hairdresser said that about you!) Glad your family made it a special day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle,
    Yes the shirt is from our Hawaii trip. Weird. I usually don't wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I agree with Elisha you are quite a hottie at 43. I am so happy for you that your boys made it such a great day. It is so true that birthdays are meant for eating anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt crakced me up--I still have mine, too. Weird. Duh, I was going to call last weekend and then it was over and then it was this weekend again. BTW, I did call today, but no answer. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Craig and I still have ours shirts like that, but Craig has taken over both shirts. I guess I need to show my boys this post so I get breakfast in bed. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete