Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life is sweet

The other day after Easton got off the bus I noticed that he didn't come in the house to greet me. On futher investigation outside, I discovered that he was playing on the new rope swing that had been rigged in our large oak tree in the front yard. Time stood still for me as I sat on the lawn and watched my youngest enjoying a quiet moment to himself. It just doesn't get much better--the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the temperature was perfect, and my little boy was blissfully content. A perfect moment.



4 comments:

  1. I love moments like that. When you just sit, observe, and enjoy! Since when was there a swing in the front yard? That's a pretty cool one, and how did the person tie the knot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool front yard and what a nice moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet. I wonder what he was thinking about???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fond memory that he will look back on and love.

    ReplyDelete