Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A change for the better....




These are some before and after shots of our bedroom and bathroom that I have been painting for the last two weeks. It usually doesn't take me that long to finish a project but, I have had some major interruptions, mostly children. Between doctors, dentists, orthos, sick kids, and a daughter going away to college I haven't had much time to myself. This bedroom painting ended up being a way bigger deal thatn I thought. The room was purple ( we bought it that way) and the bathroom was a dark, eggplant purple. The ceilings were even purple so I had to paint those as well. Of course I had to prime everything before putting on the actual color. I finished Saturday while watching the BYU game. I was sooooooo done with this project. I never want to paint again but I suppose the upstairs hallway is next on the list. Maybe I'll start that next week after my beloved paint clothes have been sent to the cleaners and are returned pressed and hanging, ready to be splattered with a new color of paint.

8 comments:

  1. So, love the new look. Do you love it? Is it so peaceful in there now and like a whole new room? I bet so. Good job on your excellent painting skills. I will have to enlist you someday to come paint my home. Love the bedspread colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome and I love the new bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors. Isn't it amazing how the color just changes everything. Your bathroom looks like a different bathroom. I will be starting the upstairs bedrooms in the next weeks, wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very warm and inviting. Nice job as usual.

    Happy Birthday by the way. I hope you did something fun. Post what you did or have Landon do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new colors. Great job Sheila! I am going to need your expert advice when we start painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, a new bedroom, a new bathroom, and new look on the blog--sounds like a serious midlife crisis to me. Happy Birthday.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I guess I don't have to call you now and ask if you have been working on your excellence night project! Ha ha! It looks great! What a big job, but I'm sure it makes you happy every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful. Now I know who to call when I need a room painted. Just kidding. It was also so sweet to read all about Ashton and her going off to college. Even I teared up a little thinking about how hard that must be. She will do great things in life.

    ReplyDelete