Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Run!!!!!!

Last Saturday we woke up bright and early to watch Dallin run in his first official Cross Country meet of the season. Landon, Easton and I were on the road at 6:15 am. We drove about an hour and arrived at the meet just as the starting gunshot rang through the air. The crowd of runners were intense as they quickly ran, trying to secure an acceptable place among their fellow runners. It's a 5k race(3.2 Miles) and the boys start finishing in the 15 minute range. On this particular race course we were able to see the runners about half way through the race. We cheered loudly as Dallin came through, looking good and fresh. I had my video camera ready to take an action shot as he came in for the finish. I kept looking at the race clock and planning when I would turn on the camera, based on Dallin's previous course times. Well, I was very unprepared and unaware as Dallin blasted past me. My camera wasn't ready because he had knocked off 30 seconds from his PR(personal record). Yea for Dallin but, no cheers for me because I don't have a race video clip for you this time around. We'll catch him next time and I'll be ready for an even faster race time. He finished his race in 19 minutes, 5 seconds. His goal for this season was to break 19 minutes--a goal that is definitely within reach!


Dallin guzzling his water at the end of the race.

5 comments:

  1. way to go Dallin! You are such a fast little speedy guy! I'm proud of ya my nephew! Maybe you can get into the 18's or 17's. Sweet... good job Sheila on making it that early with the other two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run,Dallin,Run! Wow you will be at 19 minutes soon. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Dallin, I couldn't even come close to that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Dallin. I can't believe you ran in 19 mins. I am glad you like running ... I hate to run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Dallin. I think you can owe it all to your mysterious high altitude Rocky Mountain trainer who took you to unprecedented heights this summer.

    I'm still sore from our mountain run last July, but looks like you're doing just fine.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete