Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Suwanee Days

Every year our little town of Suwanee has an event called Suwanee Days, a celebration of our great city. This year was the 25th anniversary of Suwanee Days, we having particitpated in 11 of those years. The kids love going to the parade and then off to the park where vendors and crafters have booths set up to present and sell their cool stuff. We had a beautiful, sunny Saturday to enjoy some family time together.

The boys waiting patiently for the 10am parade to start. They love this because the people in the parade always throw candy to the kids. We have learned to come prepared with bags to hold the candy because they end up with so much candy, it's like Halloween.
They have a kiddie section set up with a bazillion jumpy, sliding things. Easton and Landon love this part. I find a shady place to sit and watch people while Landon takes Easton to all the activites. Landon did comment this year that Suwanee Days was funner when he was little. I guess he is growing up.
All my boys in front of some real racer-dude's car. I don't know who the racer was, but his car was sure cool.

5 comments:

  1. That picture of the teeth and Landon was cool? I bet you planned that one. I love oscar meyer weiner cars... Can you imagine owning one of those? You'd be a hit wherever you went. I'm glad you guys have a cool community that does parades and booth type stuff. I always enjoyed those things when I was younger. What a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Oscar Mayer car. That is great. Looks like a fun Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it has been 11 years since you lived in Suwanee that is a good amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you sometimes wish we could stay young forever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The local parades and fun are always the best, they make you feel like you live in a small town.

    ReplyDelete