Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Little Obsession

Those who know me well know that I love fall and I love pumpkins. I have been collecting cool, unusual pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns for many years. I try to ( and I always succeed!) pick up a new decorative pumpkin every year. It's fun to look around as the fall decorations come out and try to identify the most unique pumpkin. I thought I'd share my passion this year for those who live far away and haven't seen my growing collection. These pumpkins are all over my home--next week I will add the Jack-O-Lanterns to the mix. My piano students love walking around the house looking for every pumpkin and counting them. I didn't put them all out this year because we are moving and I just couldn't deal with it all.



These are the newest additions to the collection. My good friend gave me one of these for my birthday (thanks!) and then I found the others at a store. I just had to have them to complete the set.


This is another birthday gift. My friends always know what to get me, I'm glad I have a fall birthday.


I made these cute little guys a few years ago, back when I had extra time.



5 comments:

  1. I love all your pumkins, you have inspired me to go get my out of storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love pumpkins. You have an amazing collection. I wish you lived closer so I could also wander your house to see all the pumpkins. What a fun obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a lot worse people. She has a million jack-o-lanterns and lots more pumpkins... It's so cute and fun! It will sell your house for sure. Your house looks so clean sheila,,, you must have OCD,, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love your basket of soft stuffed pumpkins. Love your new "set" of the wooden ones too. Your house looks so fun and festive...so sad this is the last year to see it all decorated. I guess you'll have to post pictures of your new house decor next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pumpkins! Your house looks so festive and fall-ish. I love the wooden pumpkins too.

    ReplyDelete