Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Waking Up

I nudged him. I wiggled him. I loved him and tickled him. I tugged at his blankets and rubbed his back. Still, Easton would not wake up this morning. I was trying all my tricks to no avail and then it happened--I turned into my mother! I started singing this song from my childhood. I don't even know where it came from, I just started singing.

It's time to get up.
It's time to get up.
We're all in our places
with bright shining faces.
Oh this is the way(hold that word for really long and make your voice do an obnoxious vibrato)
to start a new day.

So Mom, where did that song come from? Anyone remember it? Am I the only one who has turned into their mother?

Oh, Easton did wake up, with a smile I might add.

2 comments:

  1. I do not remember where I learned it. Maybe it was like a nursery rhymn. I'm not sure mother sang it to me. It doesn't sound like it would be something that she did. I will ask my sisters. Something clicked ---I think it was sung when we started school??

    ReplyDelete
  2. did ya google? i'm gonna google right now....

    But, no, I have not turned into my mother, because my girls get up before me and come and sit on Grandma's couch with their blanky and binky and just sit,,, for who knows how long. Yes that was this morning. I walked up the stairs and Kaitlyn was laying on the couch in the living room playing with her blanky. DUH!

    ReplyDelete