Friday, November 28, 2008

We are thankful for....

November 27
The last couple of months as I have made many commutes to and from Birmingham and Suwanee, I have truly gained an appreciation for HOME. Home truly is where my heart is. And my heart holds my love for my wife and children and all things that make home a sanctuary from this crazy world in which we live. As I make it home on Friday afternoons I find the needed relief and rest from the demands of employment and business and colleagues and the constant need to perform to provide. Home reminds me that there is a reason to the madness. To our children, home is where they feel safe and loved...where they can share their concerns, successes and failures and know that they have support and help with whatever they might be going through. They find their warm beds and a stocked refrigerator and pantry. They find each other and the relationships they will hold close for the rest of their lives and eternity. They find unconditional love as well as expectations of what they must do to reach their divine potentials.

Home is where we may have our greatest successes if we truly understand what is supposed to go on within the walls of our HOME.

Written by Stephen (Dad)

4 comments:

  1. That was a great post Stephen. And I'm excited to see that you have actually joined the bloggin world. I agree, and Bren agrees. We've never had to do what you are doing. I know you've done it before when you went to Las Vegas, but I think this is now, longer than when you had a job down there, right? LOVE the new background Sheila and picture. It was fun to pick out a new one huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice post to end your thankful posts. I am very thankful for HOME too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the post. Home is where your family is no matter where we live. As long as we have family we can live anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post and agree with your thoughts. Family and home is what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete