Monday, November 24, 2008

We are thankful for....

November 23 This is my temple. Every time I see it I always think that. I was sealed to my husband inside this beautiful temple on Dec. 20, 1988 and that's what makes it my temple. I love the blessings the temple gives us. I am grateful for that. I am grateful the be sealed together as a family and to have the knowledge that we can be together forever. The temple is a place of peace, a place like no other in the world. It's a little piece of heaven on earth.

Ashton, Dallin, and Landon have had the opportunity to go to the temple and do baptisms on many occasions. Last week Dallin and Landon were able to do the work for some ancestors that they researched on the new family search website. What an awesome feeling to know that you did the work to help one of your family members progress. It's a great opportunity for the young teenagers to be able to go to a quiet place, away from the world and to be able to feel the spirit and know that they are doing amazing things.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are really stepping out of the box of what people normally say they are thankful for. It has been fun to read all your posts. Only a few more days to go.

    I love the Salt Lake Temple too. Last Tuesday we went and did baptisms for the dead there. The girls loved it!!! They felt more pampered and thought the locker room was so cool with the big mirrors and marble. We weren't hearded through like the Jordan River temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's neat that you have your place of marriage to always visit. Mine has weeds, broken cement, and a disgusting swimming pool to boot. WAH!

    ReplyDelete