Sunday, November 16, 2008

We are thankful for....

Modern day appliances are the greatest inventions and I am soooo grateful for them. I love my washer and dryer. I have heard my mom talking about wash day when they were work together with the sisters doing laundry all day long. They would use the wringer and other contraptions. Ugh! I love my dishwasher. Putting a whole days worth of dishes in the washer and then pushing a button and walking away is so cool. Now someone just needs to invent and way to rinse your dishes and clear the table for you. I love my microwave and oven and stove. Oh yea! What would we do without those? Imagine cooking over a fire and trying to regulate your oven with coals and logs. That's a hassle. The microwave cuts down on cooking time and sure makes heating up those leftover a wonderful experience! What about the refrigerator. Life would be rough without that. I'd have to go the store everyday for fresh stuff--hey, I feel like I do that now. I really love my Kitchen Aid. I lived for many years without that and survived but now that I have one--I just love it. Making cookies and bread dough is so much easier with the Kitchen Aid. How about the garbage disposal--now that's a cool little invention. All of these nifty little things definitely make my life easier and help me save time. That gives me more time to read my scriptures, spend quality time with my family, do service for others, write letters, update my journal, help the neighbor, etc...........

3 comments:

  1. I sure agree with that one...especially after living without a microwave for as long as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know!!! THe things we have are incredible, and it's only going to go up from here. In 50 years, we're going to be shocked with what technology can do. These little creations have been around for what,,, maybe 80 at the oldest, and the microwave,,, from the 70's??

    What have they done since the beginning of time ?? 1000's and 1000's of years??? We take so much for granted. This last century has been mind boggling,,, chuck full of inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am grateful. We would stay with my Granadma Lange and they did not even have a frig. The stove was a coal burning and she cooked great meals on it. The goat milk was lowered into the well to keep it cool - it might have tasted better if it were colder. There was not heat in the bedrooms, only in the dinning room and kitchen if the stoves were going. And we used an out house. But at night we could use the indoor toliet - they did not like us to use it because it filled up the septic tank.

    ReplyDelete